Wednesday 5 September 2012

When a Selkie meets and Elephant!

So, a little while ago in my posting world I posted my swatches of China Glaze Elephant walk, it was nice but I thought I could improve upon the end result. How you may ask? Well, since I have been blog stalking I have noticed that Fingers Polish Mania puts Selkie from Lilaquer polish on *every* mani and it makes it pop that much more. So I ordered a few polishes from Lilaquer's Etsy Store and one of them had to be Selkie! Selkie is a blue/green duochrome top coat that is just lovely and can turn any frown upside down I reackon! LOL.
Lilaquer Selkie
Lilacquer Selkie, deceptive in the bottle

 Lilaquer Selkie, 1 coat over China Glaze Elephant Walk

Lilaquer Selkie
Now you shift the light to see the duochrome!

Green Shift

Lilaquer Selkie
Blue Shift

Lilaquer Selkie
Duo Shift

Lilaquer Selkie
With Flash

 As you can see, this has transformed Elephant Walk (which I thought was a bit meh) to something I would love and admire for hours and hours :) Selkie is an awesome topcoat over any polish as you can see it add just a little bit without subtracting anything from the original polish or changing it. Green/blue shift is right up my alley, but Lilaquer also make some reds/orange shifting top coats. So go check out the etsy store! 

What do think of a duochroming top coat, do you need one? I do!

2 comments:

  1. Grey nail polish is not one of my faves. Selkie is aptly named,makes Elephant Walk look much prettier. I once saw a movie about a Selkie who took a human husband.Tragic :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Selkie looks gorgeous. I have Girly Bits Cosmic Ocean but I'm still tempted to pick up Selkie. I love topcoats like this that just add a little something extra to a polish. It can make boring polishes gorgeous or just keep you entertained in a creme mani after a few days. :)

    ReplyDelete