Thursday 20 December 2012

Aussie Christmas Nail Challenge- Candy Cane

Can I just preface this with..this is not my best effort when it comes to a mani..sorry, it just didn't turn out how I wanted! I was sick so didn't do the Sunset challenge..and am still not well so maybe this is reflected on how this turned out. I don't like minty Candy Canes.. I don't like mint, full stop. So instead I based this on Blueberry Candy Canes which I would prefer if I felt the need to eat Candy Canes. Ah, give me a Lindt Ball anyday! I used a base of Ulta3 Hydrangea with Sinful Colors Cinderella and started stripe taping with Sinful Colors Why Not  my ring finger as you can see. I like how it turned out but it was time consuming so I stamped some Candy Canes in Why Not  and dotted with Ulta3 Crystellina.

Candy Cane Nail Art

This pic was my inspiration :)

Candy Cane Nail Art

Candy Cane Nail Art
I actually don't mind how it looks, but it's not what I had in mind!

I like the color inspiration, but execution wasn't 100% :) The stripe tape accent nail was fiddly but I really should give it another go. It was excited to use my two new Sinful Color shades which I picked up today (along with a few more at Target). Sinful Colors has finally made it's way to Australia! The rack was full and the price tag was $4.95 which was made even better with %25 off! Loved it. I already had 3 of the Sinful colors in my stash..Hottie, Nail Junkie and Green Ocean. Green Ocean funnily enough was not a color that seemed to be release here as it wasn't on the rack.




No comments:

Post a Comment