Saturday 15 December 2012

Holly Jolly Holiday Tag..I'm it!

I've been tagged by Anthea from Nailed Obsession for a Christmas questionairre..yay! Apparently this in idea from YouTube Vloggers that goes around at Christmas. Elissa from Lissa Polish Addiction has morphed it into a blogging world questionairre..for those of us who don't make youtube vlogs, LOL.

So onto the Christmassy questionairre things!


1. Do you start your Christmas shopping on Black Friday or wait until the last minute?
Since my first experience of Black Friday was this year (and I did purchase some polish in the sales!) I would have to say that even without Black Friday I am a super, super, super last minute shopper. I think it's because I find it very hard to choose presents and stress about if the recipient is going to like it or not too much. In the end I am forced to make a decision because I run out of time...Like right now, there is 10 days to go I haven't bought a single present!

2. If you could be in any Christmas movie what would it be?
Okay, so I should be saying a nice or funny Christmas movie..but I think I am going to have to say Die Hard (the original).. set at Christmas time ...its got Bruce, it's got Alan Rickman and a whole bunch of butt kicking.. it's my kinda Christmas movie...LOL.
Just had to share..
LOL!

3. Which do you like better: Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
Christmas Day! I love waking up knowing I am going to get presents and all the hard work and shopping is done by Christmas Day.

4. When does your family put up your Christmas tree and who decorates it? 
There has never been a firm family tradition as far as I can recall about when the tree goes up, but it has gone up on December the 1st this year and will from now on I have decided. I tend to decorate it..but my mother makes us traditional lolly bonbon decorations make out of white and silver paper each year to hang on them. I think its a European thing!

5. White lights or colored lights?
White!

6. Are you guilty of peeking at your presents or do you like the surprise?
When I was little I would want to know..and now I like the suprise and will happily wait. There are too few surprises in life these days!

7. Would you rather live in a gingerbread house or in Santa's Workshop?
Santa's Workshop of course :)

8. Tell us your Christmas Eve traditions!
I don't think we have any traditions..up until recently it's been tradition for me to work Christmas eve..I'm a nurse and I have no kids so it's nice for others to spend time at home and we usually have a great time at work.

9. If you could be under the mistletoe with anyone who would it be?
Bradley Cooper...or.. Acheron Parthenopaeus..or Jeremy Renner..

10. What tops your tree?
A Silver Star..as blingy as you can get!


11. Can you name the 12 days of Christmas?
Probably up until day 8?!
Partridge, Pear Tree, 2 Turtle Doves, 3 French Hens, 4 Calling Birds, 5 Golden Rings (my fave), 6 Geese Laying...okay..up to day 6...

12. Have you ever gone Christmas caroling?
Naw

13. Do you countdown to Christmas? If so, how many days are left?
Oh yes, I have an advent calendar usually.. this year its my Ciate Mini Advent Calendar and each day is just awesome! I've gotten 2 of the Ciate Caviar bottles so far and some awesome colors..There is 10 days! 

14. What are some foods and treats you can count on having every holiday season?
Usually mother bakes Almond Cresents which are almond meal shortbread things covered in icing sugar...so good! We always have plum pudding and custard..love!

Almond Cresents

15. How has Christmas kept its magic for you as you've grown older?
Not sure it has completely kept it's magic..I have worked around or on Christmas for alot of years now..but putting the tree up early this year with my husband helping decorating and turning the lights on at night has been great. I like giving gifts more than receiving them and seeing how my family likes the presents makes it all the effort worthwhile.

Okay, time to tag..so here are the lucky tagee's

Sarah Claire at Shatter Me Claire
Kelly at Kellys Kolors
Melissa at Passion For Polish
Erin at ErinZi's Nails
Ann at Nailoveolgy

Hope you are having a great lead up to Christmas..Tomorrow is Christmas Tree nails for the challenge..I am so up for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment