Wednesday 27 November 2013

Black, Gold and Silver striping manicure

Hey hey, I was feeling productive today, but that's waning off. Was meant to have to carpets steam cleaned but that didn't go off as planned. But that's okay, got a quote on air conditioning for our upstairs bedroom and caught the gardener to come an fix our dismal back yard (erm, outta control weeds anyone!). So I am feeling slightly happier that I am getting stuff done.
 Today I have an idea taken from the Aussie Nails Monday chicks..which was a mani with gold, silver, white or black using Aussie Indie polishes. I do have quite a few Aussie Indi Polishes but it was late in the day so I just used the theme with any old polishes I could easily put my hands on! Here is the end result.

OPI Goldeneye, OPI Bond, James Bond, China Glaze Cosmic Dust and Savvy Starburst striping manicure
 For this look I painted a coat of MUD Dark Room, waited for it to dry and applied striping tape in patterns. I then sponged over the top in gold with OPI Goldeneye and Bond, James Bond and silver colors of China Glaze Cosmic Dust and Savvy Starburst.

OPI Goldeneye, OPI Bond, James Bond, China Glaze Cosmic Dust and Savvy Starburst striping manicure

OPI Goldeneye, OPI Bond, James Bond, China Glaze Cosmic Dust and Savvy Starburst striping manicure

OPI Goldeneye, OPI Bond, James Bond, China Glaze Cosmic Dust and Savvy Starburst striping manicure

This look was particularly sparkly but difficult to catch all the different characteristics of each polish. There was holographic, sparkly, large glass flecks all thrown in there. I am sure I could have randomized my striping a bit more but I just can't help myself, I like them to look the same! 

It's hot here today I might put on a holo and catch a some sun and rainbows..see you soon!

1 comment: