Sunday 8 July 2012

TopShop Hypnotic

Topshop has some lovely polishes, I've decided. After seeing how holo and purty Ice Crush was,I thought I would pull out Topshop Nails Hypnotic. Hypnotic looks like a silver oil slick in the bottle..with a pink tinge to it.Topshop's blurb states that this color is multitonal and after seeing the bottle, I wanted to see if the multitonal colors came alive when wearing it :)

Topshop Nails HypnoticTopshop Nails Hypnotic
 Topshop Nails Hypnotic without and with flash. Has a lovely pink duochrome methinks!

Topshop Nails Hypnotic
 Hypnotically pinky silver. This is with a base coat and 2 coats of Hypnotic, no topcoat

Topshop Nails HypnoticTopshop Nails Hypnotic
 Light and dark silver depending on the light 

Topshop Nails Hypnotic
 You can just see the glitter in the polish here that gives it a slightly grainy finish

Topshop Nails Hypnotic
 Light silver pink

Topshop Nails Hypnotic
 Dark Silver Pink

Topshop Nails Hypnotic
 This is what Hypnotic looks like with a flash! Very silver.

Sorry about the pics galore, but the duochrome is so hard to photograph, like most duochromes :) This one is subtle but something different from having just a straight silver polish. I really loved this color, the little bits of glitter in it don't make it gritty as a finish and you can see the formula is a bit tricky and can streak a bit but a topcoat would smooth it out. Topshop states that this color is multitonal, and I'd buy that blurb with the dark silver, light silver and pink tinges.

Hope your weekend is going great. I'm struggling a little with life issues, including my workplace in which some people are small minded. Makes me want to quit and paint nails for a living! I also saw Snow White and the Huntsman today, which I quite liked :) It was a pretty engaging movie and quite dark as it was based on the Grimm Brothers version of the fairytale. There was only one part I was a little disappointed in, but I won't say so you can make up your own minds.

No comments:

Post a Comment