Saturday 29 November 2014

Ulta3 Watercolor Nail Art- Stained Glass Windows

Hi, hi!
  So, it's Saturday here and my week has been a roller coaster of not enough sleep, too much work and hanging on for my holidays, LOL. Yesterday I picked up the Ulta3 Watercolor nail polishes that come in a pack of 5, one white base and 4 sheer polishes which are red, orange, blue and purple. I immediately thought of doing stained glass window nails..so today that's what I did! I am super happy with how they turned out and hope you like them :)

Ulta3 Watercolor Sheer Polish Stained Glass Window Nails
 I love how these look!

So, how did I do these? First of all I started with the Ulta3 Sheer polishes, I forgot to take a pic so I am going to borrow the packet picture from Cathy @ morenailpolish.com below.

I didn't use the white base as I already had a very light pinky creme polish on, which was SinfulShine I'm Blushing. I then stamped with Ulta3 Black Satin and Messy Mansion Plate MM01 which you can find here.

I used the smaller stained glass window image in the middle row on the far right :)


Ulta3 Watercolor Sheer Polish Stained Glass Window Nails

After I stamped the image I then colored in the "glass" panels with Cello Yellow, Seeing Red, Peek-a-Boo Purple and Marine Blue. I used a dotting tool to apply the polish in the lines. You will also see I have a green colored in a well. I mixed one drop of Cello Yellow with 2 drops of Marine Blue on a piece of baking paper and voile! Sheer green polish. I did 2 coats of each color to achieve a vibrancy, then sealed with Seche Vite top coat.

Ulta3 Watercolor Sheer Polish Stained Glass Window Nails


Ulta3 Watercolor Sheer Polish Stained Glass Window Nails

 If you look closely you can see some bubbling in the top coat, and I like that the bubbles create a glass-like effect on my nails. I had no troubles applying the sheer watercolor polishes from Ulta3. My fave color was the Peek-a-boo purple as I love purples and the green mixed up pretty easily. The polishes are indeed very sheer and I would recommend the white/light base to go with them for the best result... I purchased mine from Terry White chemist for $10 for the pack of 5, and these are a limited edition which you should pick sooner rather than later. You can find your nearest Ulta3 stockist locator here. Hope you are having a great weekend!

2 comments: