Thursday 24 January 2013

Layla Black as Ebony

I'm having a week! My sister had a baby yesterday and I was present (at 2am) for the labour and the birth. Little Vincent was born finally at 6.35am and gee he's a cutie! Happy Birthday little man :) It seems the cycle of life also deems it necessary that we lose someone and on the same day my husband lost his uncle :( I thought he was a great guy and definitely gone too soon. We will say our goodbyes tomorrow, but I wish we didn't have to :( Yesterday was busy and I also booked my flight for a grand American adventure in September! I am one of those people who love having something to look forward to and a month in America hopping from coat to coast is going to be awesome. I can't forget to mention that Disneyworld is on the cards and there is NO place happier in the world!

Anyways, today I have for you a swatch of Layla Black as Ebony from the Mirror Effects range. These polishes are just so shiny and blingy, but not what I would call a true mirror finish like you can get in nail foils. Having said that I really enjoy wearing these polishes as they dry fast, are not brush stroke-y.
Layla Mirror Effect Black as Ebony
Layla Mirror Effect Black as Ebony

Layla Mirror Effect Black as Ebony

Layla Mirror Effect Black as Ebony
 Quite Silver in this light

Layla Mirror Effect Black as Ebony
Also appears dark grey depending on light reflection

Layla Mirror Effect Black as Ebony
Black as Ebony in sunlight

Layla Mirror Effect Black as Ebony
 Black as Ebony in Shade

What do you think? I love the gunmetal finish that this polish gives. It makes sense that a "mirror" effect polish would have a silver as a base to achieve the mirror look..in this case Black as Ebony becomes more Grey as Gunmetal in my opinion. I love that it's easy to apply, no brush strokes and no base coat required. Having said that, the downfalls are your nails have to be smooth otherwise ridges and imperfections are easily seen. My number one complaint that a top coat kills the mirror effect, but without a topcoat by the end of just one day this polish chips like crazy *Le sigh* I still love this polish despite it's peculiarities.. but there isn't much out there I don't like!

What do you girls think? Do you own this polish and how do you rate it?

No comments:

Post a Comment