Friday 14 December 2012

Ciate Advent Calender - Update

 Ermagawsh..where has the past 12 days gone?? I have been having an awesome time opening my Ciate advent calendar and participating in the Aussie Christmas Nail Challenge (except Elf.. just couldn't do that..and sleep..and work and the cold going around so was struggling).. So today I have a a mani where I used Day 12 polish from the Ciate calendar with "Twilight". I haven't really tried any of the Ciate polishes yet but Twilight was beckoning to me as it was such a complex and interesting black polish with gold flecks. This is one coat of Twilight with Seche top coat.
Ciate Twilight
Ciate Twilight.. instant love!

Ciate Twilight
 Twilight- more black with gold flecks in this light

Ciate Twilight

Ciate Twilight

Ciate Twilight
 Twilight- more gold with black overtones in this light!

Ciate Twilight

 This looks mattified, but it's not!

I then had an idea to stamp and apply some glitter so my nails look like ornament bauble designs. I used Essence The Huntsman on my ring finger, Essence Breaking Dawn Part 2 A Piece of Forever to stamp with and then did little accent dots with China Glaze I Herd That.

Ciate Twilight


Ciate Twilight

Ciate Twilight
I was very happy with this mani and these photos were after 2 days wear and you can see it held up pretty well! The Ciate polish I found easy to apply if I had enough polish on the brush otherwise it got a bit sticky if it had to apply more polish. The stamping was easy peasy with the Essence A Piece of Forever gold polish and the glitter accents are just to make it look fancy :) I used Essence The Huntsman on my ring finger and China Glaze I Heard That for some bling dots.

I am going to attempt my BBQ pic tomorrow for the Aussie Christmas Nail Challenge after I have a bit sleep to try and shake my virus. Do you want to see the other 11 polishes in bottle form or mani form? Let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment