Monday 24 December 2012

Top 12 of most of 2012

Christmas Eve round up of my top 12 for half of 2012 polishes for the year :)  It's strange to me that before this year I didn't have a Helmer full of polish (*cough* I may have a 2nd given to me for Christmas!) I used to bite both my nails and cuticles until they were horrid and I only owned ONE OPI and NO China Glaze, Essie or Indie polishes. I started gathering pretty and shiny polishes at the end of January after going to Fiji and getting a lovely manicure with the little nails I had. When I got home I was searching for the polish they used when I ran into the big wide world of polish and nail art. I started my blog in May this year and it's been a slippery slope since then! A lightbox, some HTF's and quite a few collections later..I can make my own nail polish remover, I have quite a stamping collection and my Indie polishes are equal to my commercial ones!
 So, I still have a lot of untried polishes in my collection... I am sure some would have made it onto my top 12 of 2012 but I like to do a whole mani/with some nail art rather than just swatches..so I have heaps of GlossnSparkle, Femme Fatales and Emilyde Mollys (go Aussies!)..Jindi Nails, Sparkles by Julie, Glitzology and new to me OPIs... but from what I wore and photographed this year..here are my fave polishes/looks in no particular order :)


Zoya Sooki, Femme Fatale Crimson Acolyte and Eventide
Zoya Sooki with Femme Fatale Crimson Acolyte gradient and Eventide accent nail

China Glaze Bohemian Luster Skittles
China Glaze Bohemian Collection, L-R Want my Bawdy, Deviantly Daring, No Plain Jane, Rare and Radiant and Swanky Silk.

Pretty and Polished Mannequin Hands
Pretty & Polished Mannequin Hands

Nail It Northern Lights
Nail It! Northern Lights

butter London Slapper and Tart with a Heart
Butter London Slapper with Tart with a Heart

China Glaze Flirty Tankini with Bad Kitty
China Glaze Flirty Tankini with Bad Kitty

Nubar Reclaim with Dollish 1 UP
Nubar Reclaim with Dollish 1 Up

China Glaze Sydney Sand with Zoya Sooki
China Glaze Sydney Sand with Zoya Sooki stamping and China Glaze Ruby Pumps dots

Essie Dive Bar gradient
Gradient of Essie Dive Bar, Rodeo Fanatic and Swimsuit, Nailed it!

KBShimmer Don't Teal Anyone
KBShimmer Don't Teal Anyone

Ciate Twilight with Essence A Piece of Forever stamping
Ciate Twilight with Essence A Piece of Forever stamping and accent nail of Essence The Hunstman

Christmas Tree stamping
China Glaze Custom Kicks with Sinful Colors Ocean Green and stamping in Millennium. Dotting with OPI Goldeneye and The Spy Who Loved Me. 

Well, hope you liked a few of the polishes and looks that I did this year and continue to look in on my blog every now and then. I am going to have a blog giveaway when my followers hit 100 or I hit 20000 page views! So look out for it, it wont be long I hope.. I am looking forward to a more consistent blogging year with more nail art challenges and pretty polishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment