Monday 2 June 2014

SIMPLES- Week 3, Ombre- Grey to Black

Hi guys! It's been a little while...life has gotten in the way of blogging. I have been polishing and I'll try and catch up a bit this week with my posts. I am currently trying to stick to a challenge or two. Today I have for you the SIMPLES challenge- Nail Art from Muggle to Mastery, which is a basics nail art onwards created by The Crumpet. You can check out Crumpets post here. This week is week 3 (I have one and two somewhere, erm, yes..let me go find the pics) anyways this is Ombre. Ombre is best described by The Crumpet as "Ombre literally means shadow, in French.  An ombre mani, therefore, is one where the nails move through varying SHADES of the same colour, from light to dark, or dark to light, across the entire hand". Good to know how this differs from gradients!

 Since I am trying to do my nails and nail art with my untrieds still, I did a grey to black Ombre today. Now warning pics, with thumbs in it. Not my thing, haven't figured out how to do it gracefully yet so..sorry there.

Grey to Black Ombre with Nubar Citadel, China Glaze Recycle, China Glaze Concrete Catwalk, China Glaze Haunting and Nails Inc Leather Effect Noho
L-R, Nubar Citadel, China Glaze Recycle, China Glaze Concrete Catwalk, China Glaze Haunting and Nails Inc Leather Effect Noho.

Grey to Black Ombre with Nubar Citadel, China Glaze Recycle, China Glaze Concrete Catwalk, China Glaze Haunting and Nails Inc Leather Effect Noho

Grey to Black Ombre with Nubar Citadel, China Glaze Recycle, China Glaze Concrete Catwalk, China Glaze Haunting and Nails Inc Leather Effect Noho

Grey to Black Ombre with Nubar Citadel, China Glaze Recycle, China Glaze Concrete Catwalk, China Glaze Haunting and Nails Inc Leather Effect Noho

 I threw in a few doozys at the end with this Ombre..a glitter/black and a texture. Not sure it's strictly in the rules, but ya know, it's nails and nail art so why not have a little fun! Catch you in 2 days..I have a day off and hope to sort out the posts lying around on my puter! Mwah xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment