Thursday 24 May 2012

Pirate Thursday!

Today is Pirate Thursday, in case you didn't know. Okay, well, it's Thursday...and my manicure/nail art design this week is pirates therefore Pirate Thursday! Usually you have a black and white theme when you see pirate skulls on flags but dag namit I am going to present you with a red pirate theme mani..with bling of course!

So, to start off I tried a Nubar base coat and decided to apply Kleancolor Red Heart (74) to all but my ring finger, and to my ring fingers I applied Kleancolor White (4).  Over the Kleancolor White I did a thin layer of China Glaze Rainbow which gives a blueish tinge in a certain light.


Kleancolor White and Red Heart


I then decided that the red needed some blinging up and put a layer of Kleancolor Red Hot (189) over the top.

Kleancolor Red HotKleancolor Red Hot
The picture on the left was how lovely it came out last night. I thought I would let it dry over night after the Kleancolor layering/melting off fiasco of last week and then this morning....the picture on the right is a big fat sheet imprinted mess on all the Kleancolor Red Hot layered nails. Bugger! :(

After a coat of Seche Vite though...things look much better! It filled in all the bedsheet imprints nicely. Yay!
Kleancolor Red Hot

Then onto stammmmmmmmpppppping..Pirate theme ahoy!
 (Gratuitous Artistic Instagram shot, shows how vibrant the red truly is.) 

Instagram red nail polish




                                        The Left Hand                                                       Left Thumb Design
Nail stamping art, pirate red and white themeNail stamping art, pirate red and white theme




                                           Right Hand                                                 Right Thumb Design

Nail stamping art, pirate red and white themeNail stamping art, pirate red and white theme

I used a mixture of plates, Bundle Monster, Fun Plate 2, MJ plate (both from Fab Ur Nails) and the OB plate I received the other day. I stamped with Kleancolor White and Sally Hansen White On quick dry. The Kleancolor was more opaque but harder to work with.

The 2 ring fingers (below) were stamped with Kleancolor Red Heart..it doesn't tend to stamp as cleanly as some and you have to be careful with the topcoat or there is bleeding. Wait for an hour or two for it to dry before the top coat! The blurriness you see is the stamp not the pic.

Nail stamping art, pirate red and white themeNail stamping art, pirate red and white theme











I finished the manicure off with INM Out the Door top coat. The glitter in the red hot layer really makes the polish look dynamic in the light...but not sure what to do about the layering/drying issue!

Hope you like my Pirate Thursday mani..it was challenging to get all the designs to stamp correctly with the new plates but I think I have the hang of it. Let me know your thoughts. Tomorrow Ulta3/Mode haul! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment