Wednesday 11 July 2012

Kleancolor Salsa, Sally Hansen White Out and China Glaze Liquid Leather Watermarble

I stayed up wayyyyy to late last night and as a result of wandering around the internets and Youtube whilst watching North and South (Elizabeth Gaskell's book in TV mini series), I woke up this morning with an attitude of "I want to try water marbling, it looks great, lets give it a go". So, I sat there thinking about a color scheme that is work appropriate...looked at my bottle of Nostalgic As If! and decided I wanted to try a white, pink and black water marble :) I guess my hands will be in my pockets alot tomorrow!

Here is my bottle of inspiration:
Nostalgic Lacquer As If!Nostalgic Lacquer As If!
Nostalgic As If! and macro of As If!

Sally Hansen White on, Kleancolor Salsa and China Glaze Liquid Leather

Here is the colors I chose to marble with were Sally Hansen White On, Kleancolor Salsa and China Glaze Liquid Leather.

 The way I water marbled was to use a very small glass ie. Sherry/port glass, similar to this size
It has a small water surface area, enough for 1 finger. I also used a toothpick, cotton bud and Micropore (Nursing tape) to create the effect. You can search you tube for great tutorial on the best was to water marble. I chose to tape around each nail to cover my finger and not get polish on my hands. This worked pretty well for minimizing mess and clean up. Not sure how regular tape would have done!

And here is the effect, the watermarble was done over Ulta3 base coat and 1 coat of Sally Hansen White on, topped with Seche Vite. Please ignore my dry cuticles!
Pink, white and black water marble effect mani
Left Hand Water Marble Effort

Pink, white and black water marble effect mani
Left Thumb

Pink, white and black water marble effect mani
 Right Hand

Pink, white and black water marble effect mani
Right Hand

Pink, white and black water marble effect mani
Right Thumb

Here is a few Macro shots of the nails I particular like :)
Pink, white and black water marble effect maniPink, white and black water marble effect mani
Pink, white and black water marble effect maniPink, white and black water marble effect mani

Water marbling isn't that easy to get the design you want, it's messy but the clean up isn't too terrible for the end result. There are a few different methods, I was happy with the taping method and how the water marbling turned out :) Kleancolor Salsa turned out to be almost a 2 in 1 polish as the pink/gold shimmer seemed to separate in the water resulting in the bronze color you see in between the pink and black and I so glad that it happened, it made the mani really pop and blinged it up a bit! I did 2 nails over again as they had too much dark/black pigment with no swirly pattern.

Overall I was pretty chuffed with how my first attempt turned out. Hope you liked this mani and have had a go at water marbling, it's pretty fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment