Tuesday 17 July 2012

Nostalgic Nail Lacquer Andie

Ah, Andie..you remind me of my childhood! When I think of the name Andie, 2 things come to mind Andie from Pretty in Pink (Nostaligic Nail Lacquer thinks of this one too) and also the phrase "Andie, you Goonie!' from The Goonies. I loved both movies, but Pretty in Pink is the penultimate poor girl gets rich boy and all ends well, awwwww. Duckie is my favorite character from the movie, the hair, the shoes the pining love for Andie :) Anyways Andie, Duckie and Blain from Pretty in Pink have been turned into a polish essence and stuffed in a bottle by Nostalgic Lacquers and today I am going to show you Andie :)

Nostalgic Lacquer AndieNostalgic Lacquer Andie
 Nostalgic Lacquer Andie without and with flash.

Nostalgic Lacquer Andie
Macro Shot, it's Andie's dress from the Prom scene!

For this mani I applied a base coat, 2 coats of Ulta3 French Pink and 1 coat of Nostalgic Andie
Nostalgic Lacquer Andie
Andie

Nostalgic Lacquer Andie

Nostalgic Lacquer Andie
Macro shot, you can see the hexagonal glitters curl. This is without top coat.

Nostalgic Lacquer Andie
Andie with flash, very pale pink indeed :)

I then added a top coat of Kleancolor Madly Matte to see what Andie would do
Kleancolor Madly Matte
 Kleancolor Madly Matte

Nostalgic Lacquer Andie Matte
 Andie with Matte topcoat, the base is almost white now.

Nostalgic Lacquer Andie Matte
 Andie without flash

Nostalgic Lacquer Andie Matte
 Andie with Flash

Nostalgic Lacquer Andie Matte
Macro Shot of Andie with Kleancolor topcoat, you can still see glitter curl.

Andie is such an interesting polish, but it is pale. I used a pale "undies" base so the overall result has been Pretty in (pale) Pink and even more so in Matte. It's amazing how taking the shine off the polish can give it a different edge to the end appearance. The hex glitters curling would need a few top coat layers to tame and the matte top coat didn't really have the ability to weigh down the wayward glitters which could get annoying for those who pick at edges.

I really liked Nostalgic Lacquers Andie and I do have Duckie and Blain to show you at some stage, wearing Andie again I would put a stronger set of undies to make the top layer of Andie really pop over a bright color base. Hope you liked Andie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment