Saturday 18 August 2012

Essie Dive Bar Bling!

Today I have another Essie for you, I am on bit of an Essie kick and Dive Bar has been beckoning to me singing it's siren song of "put me on". So I did. Essie seems to have a great neutral range or vampy range with a few misc bright colors in between. Dive Bar is on the vampy side and is the namesake of the Dive Bar Collection which was a Fall 2011 range in the US. Dive Bar promises alot in the bottle..dark blue with a purple and light blue shimmer, not sure if it holds up to the gorgeousness on the nail. The only other comment I have is that I darned well forgot that Essie and Seche do not love each other much..tip shrinkage immediately. So remember that gals :)


Essie Dive BarEssie Dive Bar
Essie Dive Bar without and with Flash


Essie Dive Bar
Hello lovely Dive Bar! LOOK at that bottle :)

Essie Dive Bar
Dark Blue in on the nails in this light

Essie Dive Bar
 Dark blue with a slight purple shimmer at the edges

Essie Dive Bar
 Dark Blue with light blue shimmer
Essie Dive Bar
Slightly blurred shot, dark blue with light blue shimmer in the middle and purple around the edges.

Essie Dive Bar
 Dive Bar with flash, very teal blue.

Essie Dive Bar
 Gratuitous interesting nail and bottle shot!
Okay, so Essie Dive Bar isn't all that it advertises in the bottle on the nail but it's still pretty great! I had no problems with the formula and application and full coverage was 2 coats. The clean up was pretty easy considering how dark this color is. I love this polish. It's that kind of interesting that makes you want to check on your nails to see what is going on in different lights etc. I did take this mani a step or two further with a gradient AND stamping but since I like taking too many pics..these will be tomorrow!

What do you think of Essie Dive Bar, love it? Hate it? Want to own it? Have it?

No comments:

Post a Comment