Thursday 14 June 2012

Lacura French Manicure with stamping and glitter.

As promised, this is my second post for the day to make up for the lack of blog postage last night...I decided on wearing a lovely french mani (*cough, boring, cough*) as a work appropriate look and since I have never tried to achieve this look I thought I would give my Aldi Lacura Manicure kit a whirl. The kit itself consists of an emery board (didn't use), orange sticks for cuticles (didn't use), a clear, white and pink polish (didn't use the clear) and nail sticker guides for doing the white ends.

So, I applied my normal base coat, 2 coats of pink polish and then attempted the french tips with a sticker on one of my fingers as a guide for the white polish....then I freehanded the rest. I sealed the look with INM Out the Door top coat.

Lacura French Manicure
 The polishes and sticker guides I used

Lacura French Manicure
How the stickers look!

Lacura French Manicure
 The end result, I used the sticker guide on my middle finger and freehanded the rest.


Lacura French Manicure

Lacura French Manicure
 My right hand, I think I did a pretty good job!

The looks was nice and natural and oh-so borink. When I look at my nails I like to think "oh, that's pretty" or "ooh, so holo and shiny" or "that color is so nice!" and looking at my nails I was "sigh, what polish?" I was literally depressed for 2 days. As soon as work was over I was "lemme at some color and stamping goodness". 

My inspiration of colors came from looking at Pretty & Polished Sand Art....I picked out the purple and green with Ulta3 Orchid and Kleancolor Catch Me polishes and attacked the mani with Cheeky stamping plates and Bundle monster.


Pretty and Polished Sand ArtPretty and Polished Sand Art
 Pretty & Polished Sand Art

Ulta3 OrchidKleancolor Catch Me
Ulta3 Orchid and Kleancolor Catch Me

Green and Purple stamping Mani
Left Hand
 Alternating Ulta3 Orchid and KC Catch Me. Accent on the French tip with Pretty and Polished Sand Art

Green and Purple stamping Mani

Green and Purple stamping Mani
 Left Thumb and flash


Green and Purple stamping Mani
 Right Hand

Green and Purple stamping Mani
 Right Thumb Stamp

Green and Purple stamping Mani
Gratuitous extra pic!
I am pretty happy with how the stamping turned out and the little bits of accent using Pretty & Polished Sand art on the white tips. Kleancolor Catch Me stamped a little easier than the Ulta3 Orchid but both were relatively easy to work with. I spent the day admiring my nails, just like I should :)

 I still have a ways to go with my cuticles, I use Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter nearly everynight and a Sally Hansen hand/cuticle cream but years of nail/cuticle biting and continued handwashing for work take it's toll on my hands! Oh, and I picked up some polishes today so prepare for a swatch fest on the weekend :) Hope you are all looking forward to the weekend and make it through Friday unscathed!

No comments:

Post a Comment