Saturday 2 June 2012

Mode Chillax swatch

My second foray into the Mode colors of late is the rather uninspiring in the bottle but lovely up close Mode color called Chillax. I purchased this lovely from a Chemist around near me and she needed a really, really, good shake up to become attractive at all. For a whole $2, I wasn't going to complain. The up-close and in the light is what makes this color very noice indeed :)

Chillax was applied with Ulta3 base coat and 2 layers of polish. Did not get around to a top coat for this one!



A different angle, see the shimmer in the bottle?


With the flash

As you can see in the light the blue has a light blue shimmer that is just so shimmery and pretty! This would be easy to pass by as just another "blue" if you didn't look closely. The next time I see a Mode stand I will def have another close look for some other gems :) Have you come across any Mode surprises or must haves? Let me know!

3 comments:

  1. The gorgeous blue shimmer really makes this polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one and it is one of my faves. I frankened it with black and white to make it more dusty looking. Now it looks very similar to RBL 360 (but with subtle turquoise shimmer). I liked my franken so much I bought another bottle and frankened that too as a backup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely Millie, RBL 360 looks like a great color when I googled it. If you feel like sharing the recipe for your franken I would love to give it a go :)

      Delete