Tuesday 19 June 2012

Girly Bits Mother May I with Shatter

Hey ho, just a quick post tonight for my NOTD. I sat down on Sunday night and decided that I wanted to do a simple mani using Girly Bits Mother May I. I started off with Ulta3 Base Coat then plopped on 1 x coat of China Glaze Light as Air as a purplish base. I decided I was going to use Girly Bits Mother May I on only 2 of my fingers and have a go a China Glaze Luminous Lilac glitter shatter on the rest for a slightly varied look :)

China Glaze Luminous LilacChina Glaze Luminous Lilac
 China Glaze Luminous Lilac without and with flash.

Girly Bits Mother May IGirly Bits Mother May I
 Girly Bits Mother May I 

China Glaze Luminous Lilac and Girly Bits Mother May I1
1x coat of Mother May I on pointer and index finger, 1x coat of Luminous Lilac on ring and pinky
Both are layered over China Glaze Light as Air

China Glaze Luminous Lilac and Girly Bits Mother May I
 With Flash. 

China Glaze Luminous Lilac and Girly Bits Mother May I
Left hand Luminous Lilac Shatter fail, kinda!

For a quick but relatively fun and interesting mani, I liked how this turned out. I did my left hand first with the shatter, but I didn't get it completely right until my right hand, doh! Mother May I went on really well and looks awesome and I highly recommend if you love purples and glitters. I purchased mine from Harlow & Co, and I believe you can also purchase from Llarowe. The shatter glitter did pull at the China Glaze Light as Air on my thumb to reveal a bit of nail bed which would have been rectified with 2 layers, so I would use 2 of the base polish before the shatter next time. I also think it's time to file down the nails for a bit as it's getting hard to hold the polish bottles, oh woes is me :)

Hope you liked my quick NOTD, purple is always awesome in my opinion and comes to mind first for a happy nail of the day.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The crackle and glitter go together really well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I find it hard to decide and want both these days! LOL

      Delete