Wednesday 27 June 2012

Ulta3 Allure with Glitter and Bundle Monster stamping

Jas's Blingtastic Nail Blog Pic
Hello new Bundle Monster stamping plates!

Woot, new nail plates! Stamping plate geeks will all have ordered their Bundle Monster plates on June 20th when they were released and today (7 days later) I have received mine :) The new plates were eagerly anticipated by many including myself. I ordered mine from the Bundle Monster website as they were available there first, but I do  believe Amazon also sells the plates.
So what do they look like? They come in a cute package and looks like this:

Bundle Monster 2012 stamping plates
As the package says, it has 25 plates with backing paper as per the last set of Bundle Monster Plates, when I open the packet I did so with caution after being warned that they edges were hella sharp. YES, they are sharp and even through careful handling I took some skin off. Blerg! Nothing that drew blood but do be careful. The plates come with a blue plastic coating, as shown below. Hint No1. Take the Blue Plastic off! Obvious to the old hat stamper but not always the new comers to they joys of stamping.

Bundle Monster 2012 stamping plates
With Blue Plastic

Bundle Monster 2012 stamping plates
 Without Blue Plastic

Of course, I had to give these plates a quick go, so I decided on a beige mani base with a glitter accent finger on either hand and then various black Bundle Monster stamping designs.

I used Ulta3 Base Coat, Ulta3 Allure and on my ring finger one coat of Nubar Black Polka Dots and one coat of Ulta3 Gold Digger.

Nubar Black Polka Dots, Ulta3 Allure and Ulta3 Gold Digger
L-R, Nubar Black Polka Dots, Ulta3 Allure and Gold Digger

Nubar Black Polka Dots, Ulta3 Allure and Ulta3 Gold Digger

Nubar Black Polka Dots, Ulta3 Allure and Ulta3 Gold Digger
 I really liked this mani on it's own without the stamping!

For the stamping I used China Glaze Liquid Leather. Here is how it turned out (Click the pictures for a close look at the designs)
Bundle Monster 2012 stamping art
Left Hand without Flash

Bundle Monster 2012 stamping art
 Left Thumb with Flash

Bundle Monster 2012 stamping art
Right Hand stamping without Flash


Bundle Monster 2012 stamping art
 Right Hand Stamping with Flash
I think my right hand was the favourite with the birds design on the thumb, the barb wire design on the middle finger and the newspaper print design on my index. So did I love these plates? At first glance, yes! There are a great variety of stamps, from Easter to Halloween, swirls, puzzle pieces, Owls (how awesome is that!), devils and as always some flower designs.
Are the plates easy to use? Apparently the second generation BM plates were on the difficult side. I didn't have any troubles with them. The 3rd gen plates seemed to scrape easily and transfer quite well onto the stamp. To stamp the designs onto my nails as above took me around 2 hours. Is that long you ask, grrr yes! It took me forever for me to be happy with the design transfer on my nails I had to redo the polish on 2 of my nails 3 times! I just couldn't get things to line up or the design didn't look quite right on my shortish nails. The barb wire design on my middle finger I had to put each line on individually or it looked strange. The other middle finger was difficult to get just the right amount of design in the right place to look good.

I am calling all my difficulties operator error at the moment and reserving judgement until next time I use these plates due to working a 10 hour shift and not eating dinner before attempting the stamping (I was too excited!)

Hope you like my first attempt at a few of the new Bundle Monster designs, will you be getting them? Or if you have the new plates, how do you find they stamp?

4 comments:

  1. Ordered the plates and they're on their way! These images gives me the 'fix' I need while waiting - love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) You'll love your plates, the designs are great. Just don't let them bite you!

      Delete
  2. Wow! I didnt know we could get bundlemonster in aus! Awesome! Great mani!
    Following!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) I am a little plate addicted but Bundle Monster were my first plates :)

      Delete